We have organised several meetings with excellent speakers. These have been filmed by Darryl Stewart and posted on YouTube and his own website.
- Andrew Adonis, Labour Peer – Brexit, why it must be stopped and how – October 2018
- Kirsty Hughes, Scottish Centre on European Relations – Where is Brexit Heading, Deal, No Deal or No Brexit? – October 2018
- Perthshire MP’s discuss Brexit – Luke Graham (Conservative and Pete Wishart (SNP) – September 2018
- Lord Kerr (author of article 50) – July 2018
- Vince Cable talk – September 2017
- Henry McLeish – April 2018
- Catherine Stihler, MEP – March 2018
- Perthshire farmers
- Perthshire MPs discuss Brexit – Luke Graham (Conservative) and Pete Wishart (SNP) – August 2017
- Maggie Chapman (co-leader of Scottish Green Party)
- Where should power lie – Perth, Holyrood, Westminster, Brussels?
- Citizens of Europe speak out
Additionally you are recommended to read Brexit made me do it too in which one of our members describes the process of her acquiring British citizenship.
Marianne Kaufmann, one of our members, spoke at Jock Tamson’s EuropeFest in Dundee on 14/7/2018 about the effect Brexit has had on her life. It is a sobering account, including her take on parallels with Germany in the 1930s.
Eoghan Macmillan gave a speech at a conference in Aberfeldy on Scotland’s Place in Europe on 29/7/2018. He spoke about why he supports Independence in Europe and why he does not see this as a contradiction. His speech is worth reading regardless of your views on Independence.
Other interesting viewings include: